Friday, April 8, 2011

Frolicking on the Green.

Horse Races have always enchated me, especially after I attended Point to Point a few years back. Being the animal lover that I am, I of course love the horses, but the real thing that seems to enrapture me about these events is more the essence of them - the gathering of high society, the simplisitc joy of a (hopefully) sunny day on the green, the  lightheartedness and rarity of such a carefree social event , and the fashion, oh, the f a s h i o n ! Dresses are a staple in my wardrobe, so I of course love oogling over all of the lovely (sun)dresses, but the things that really capture my eye and keep my attention are the hats. I cannot WAIT to (hopefully) attend the Carolina Cup when I am (hopefully) living in the South next year so that I have an excuse to buy/make a gorgeous hat! ♥

Hugh Hefner & The Girls Next Door attend the Kentucky Derby.

Though I have NO idea who in their RIGHT mind would want to date Hugh Hefner, and I think their behavior on national TV is absolutely despicable (both different topics), I did admire two of "The Girl Next Door's" (AKA Bridget Marquardt and Holly Madison's) hats when they attended the Kentucky Derby. Bridget's is pretty, but I admire Holly's hat quite alot more, as she went a la Coco Chanel and made it herself, & because I l o v e "My Little Pony" (I'll always be a child at ♥).

With that said, I also like classic elegance.


These shots of Audrey Hepburn from My Fair Lady display a very dramatic hat, and though I do love drama, I think a hat of this magnitude is a bit too dramatic to wear in public for my personal taste/confidence level.
Audrey Hepburn A la Breakfast at Tiffany's? Now this definitely seems better ..........but this is too plain for my taste.

And then there's Rose's hat in the Titanic. Though this hat IS pretty, and, as previously stated, I AM a bow freak, I still think I want something different (and something not as dramatic).

No comments:

Post a Comment